Schools IT Solution Engineer
The successful candidate will provide specialist advice to Cantium’s education customers with regard to cloud based, on premise and hybrid IT solutions. They will also provide on-site consultations, recommend solutions to customers via formal quotes, be the technical lead in the installation of agreed solutions and ensure effective handover to Operational Support. There is also the responsibility to provide professional advice and mentor less experienced colleagues relating to incidents, requests and problems relating to schools solutions.
Please note this role is subject to an Advanced DBS Check therefore please consider this prior to making your application.
- Leading the agreed solutions and maintenance work associated with the installation as a whole, including configuration and handover to support of cloud based, on premise and hybrid network solutions
- Respond to requests for MIS SQL database migrations following an agreed standard
- Be the first point of contact in a schools disaster recovery scenario and following agreed procedures for restoration of critical information in the event of system failure
- Provide bespoke documentation and tools for new builds to ensure consistent approach and assist colleagues with new build testing
- Responding to requests for specialist technical support by providing information to colleagues to enable them to respond to incidents or problems and for any support requests that cannot be resolved to provide an effective interface between users and service providers
What we need from you
- Able to create and provide documented solution design to customers and deliver training to customers and colleagues
- Proficient in methods, techniques and tools for planning, organizing, resourcing, directing, co-ordinating and monitoring ongoing activities
- Expert knowledge of Windows OS Server and desktop including installation, configuration/diagnostic, rebuilding and profile/policy documentation
- Expert knowledge of server hardware architecture including support, maintenance, RAID configuration, BIOS and Remote Access Controller upgrades
- Working knowledge of device management solutions eg, Intune
- Good understanding of Microsoft 365 administration policies
- Very good knowledge of computer networking principles, protocols and diagnostics ensuring that devices can be configured and relocated including knowledge of network security on wired and wireless LANS
What Cantium can offer you
- Minimum of 33 days holiday (inc. bank holidays)
- Generous contributory pension scheme.
- People focused culture with great communication and development opportunities.
- A wide range of workplace wellbeing services.
- Electric Car Scheme.
- Employee shopping discount scheme.
We recognise that work isn't just somewhere you go for a set number of hours. Work is something we do. “Cantium Working” is our vision of the behaviours and attitudes inherent in ‘agile’ working. As a business we are committed to providing a flexible approach to when, where and how our staff work. Cantium working enables you to work in the way which best balances personal and work life – helping you achieve a great work life balance.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org