Senior ICT Support Engineer
Reporting to the Remote Support Team Leader, the successful candidate will receive and handle requests for a support from Cantium’s customers following our agreed procedures whether this be remotely or on customer sites. Providing information to customers to enable incident resolution and to promptly allocate calls to the team as appropriate. Maintains records and advises relevant persons of actions taken. The Senior ICT Support Engineer will also be provide advanced technical support to End Users, assist with the training and mentoring of less experienced team members and deputise for the Team Leader.
- Respond to requests remotely or on customer sites, resolving incidents and requests as appropriate in accordance with Cantium KPI’s and service level targets.
- Manages calls to Cantium standards to include detailed call notes of steps taken to resolution
- To assist with providing an effective interface between users and service providers including external commercial suppliers where applicable, including documenting incidents, progress checking and ensuring all diagnostic information is provided for error resolution and incident analysis
- Assisting customers to make more effective use of systems and products, make initial diagnosis of problems and advises a solution where applicable. Investigate more complex technical issues and share this information with colleagues
- To assist the Remote Support Team Leader to mentor less experienced team members, lead on technical and procedural End User initiatives and deputise for the Team Leader when required
What we need from you
- Experience using customer service techniques to ensure full account is taken of customers real and stated needs in delivery of IT Services
- Good knowledge of the IT Infrastructure for example, hardware, databases, operating systems and LAN
- Good understanding of the ITIL framework, Service Desk Institute standards and meeting Service Level targets
- Experience working in an IT Service Delivery Function
- To fully understand specific standards related with the role for example, service desk procedures, support procedures, corporate procedures and change management process’
What Cantium can offer you
- Minimum of 33 days holiday (inc. bank holidays)
- Generous contributory pension scheme.
- People focused culture with great communication and development opportunities.
- A wide range of workplace wellbeing services.
- Electric Car Scheme.
- Employee shopping discount scheme.
We recognise that work isn't just somewhere you go for a set number of hours. Work is something we do. “Cantium Working” is our vision of the behaviours and attitudes inherent in ‘agile’ working. As a business we are committed to providing a flexible approach to when, where and how our staff work. Cantium working enables you to work in the way which best balances personal and work life – helping you achieve a great work life balance.
For further information please contact email@example.com