Senior Payroll Assistant - Education Operational Team
We have an opportunity within the HR Delivery Team for a Senior Payroll Assistant, to support the delivery of our professional and high-quality service, supervising a team of payroll assistants and targeting excellence in both performance and customer service.
Taking a lead on the Education Operational Team, with a primary focus on our school’s customers, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Supervise the team of HR/Payroll Assistants, working with the Team Leaders to ensure payroll deadlines are met with accuracy. This includes managing and communicating team targets, monitoring and preventing breaches to Service Level Agreements, managing workload expectations, performance at individual and team level and service delivery.
- Have full and thorough understanding of payroll processes, practices, and legislation and be able to apply this knowledge when handling our processes
- Check and maintain payroll and HR records, ensuring the team are applying accurate input and adhering to processes and procedures
- Work well to pressure and deadlines, and be adaptable in a fast paced environment
- You will be expected to work closely with the team to achieve first line resolution to enquiries, ensuring the helpdesk take ownership of enquiries and seek resolution.
- You will be expected to identify and take action to resolve issues and areas of concern, being accountable to take preventative measures and promptly raise any areas of concern with the Team Leader
- You will be expected to contribute to the delivery of the HR Delivery induction programme for newly appointed team members and encourage individual and team development for existing team members through identifying training needs and opportunities as required.
- You will manage workload, monitor calls and e-mail enquiries, to prevent breaches, allocating the resource effectively to ensure our SLA’s are met. You will contribute to the improvement of processes to ensure service delivery is maintained and enhanced.
- A customer focussed approach is essential as you will be required to forge and maintain excellent customer service, identifying issues and offering advice and solutions to ensure timely resolutions. Alongside this you will also be expected to work with customers and colleagues at all levels.
“Cantium Working” is our vision of the behaviours and attitudes inherent in ‘agile’ working. As a business we are committed to providing a flexible approach to when, where and how our staff work. Cantium working enables you to work in the way which best balances personal and work life – helping you achieve a great work life balance.
For further information on this role please contact Lorraine Fullbrook - HR Delivery Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Company
“Cantium Business Solutions” is owned by Kent County Council and provides tailored ICT, HR and Finance services to its customers across the UK; including support for all Kent County Council offices and over 600 Schools. We’re proud of our Public Sector heritage, which has given us a foundation in business delivery and infrastructure insight. This uniquely enables us to drive innovation and progressive practices to deliver the best value for our clients.