Cantium Business Solutions are hiring Solutions Architect, to be responsible for designing and delivering end-to-end market-leading solutions which impact the lives of users nationwide. Reporting to the Solutions Architecture lead, you will work with customers and internal stakeholders to agree functional and non-functional requirements, develop corresponding solutions, and advise on the effort, technical and commercial implications of your designs.
What we can offer you:
- Minimum of 33 days holiday (inc. bank holidays)
- Generous contributory pension scheme.
- People focused culture with great communication and development opportunities.
- A wide range of workplace wellbeing services.
- Electric Car Scheme.
- Employee shopping discount scheme.
We value different skillsets and recognise that career paths are fluid. Whether you aim to manage your own team of people or really hone your specialist skills and become an expert in your area, the opportunity to follow your career goals is available at Cantium.
We recognise that work isn't just somewhere you go for a set number of hours. Work is something we do. “Cantium Working” is our vision of the behaviours and attitudes inherent in ‘agile’ working. As a business we are committed to providing a flexible approach to when, where and how our staff work. Cantium working enables you to work in the way which best balances personal and work life – helping you achieve a great work life balance.
As a Solution Architect with Cantium, you will be responsible for designing and delivering end-to-end market-leading solutions which impact the lives of users nationwide. Reporting to the Solutions Architecture lead, you will work with customers and internal stakeholders to agree functional and non-functional requirements, develop corresponding solutions, and advise on the effort, technical and commercial implications of your designs.
A Cantium Solution Architect is also a technical leader, so you will work with your peers
and external partners to understand how new technologies and market trends can be
leveraged to deliver positive outcomes for our clients and help to develop and implement best-practice architecture, standards and guidelines. You will also be willing to share knowledge and mentor those around you.
The role requires a broad range of knowledge spanning Applications, Data, Technology,
Security, Service and Commercial influences, to help develop integrated solutions
spanning hybrid (data centre and cloud) environments and influence a customer’s
technology strategy. It is also critical to have the ability to communicate ideas to
disparate stakeholder communities using clear and concise language, including executive staff, business sponsors, and technical resources.
Overall solution leadership from delivery to handover, which may sometimes require
you to undertake hands-on work.
• Operate in either a traditional or agile delivery mode, as and when required.
• Work with senior stakeholders to determine the tacit and explicit solution
requirements, whilst applying solution engineering techniques to resolve
• Work with Pre-Sales, Enterprise Architects, Technical Architects and Account teams
to ensure what is proposed is both fit for purpose and meets the core business needs.
• Promote co-operation and facilitate coordination of all technical and non-technical
streams within a programme or project to achieve the successful delivery of an
• Support new business development including developing proposals and working on
• Direct and coordinate technical SME’s during the design, delivery and
implementation phases of a programme or project.
• Determine and understand the dependencies that exist between technical and non technical solution components to ensure an integrated delivery.
What we need from you
• Significant experience of designing and implementing solutions based on the Microsoft Azure platform and integrating other products and cloud services within these solutions.
• Expert in use of architecture tools.
• Experience of enacting and undertaking governance and assurance activities.
• Experience of designing & implementing solutions as part of multi-stream change programmes.
• Experience of designing and developing solutions using Microsoft 365 components, including Office 365. (Desirable)
• Experience and/or certification in architecture frameworks such as TOGAF. (Desirable)
• Experience of using EA tools and modelling notations such as ArchiMate, BPMN, DMN, CMMN, UML, etc (Desirable)
• Experience and/or certification in other IT frameworks such as ITIL, IT4IT, SAFe and/or COBIT. (Desirable)
• Experience of Agile working methods and DevOps, e.g. Azure DevOps Services. (Desirable)
• Understands marketplace trends for products and innovation, and how to intercept these developments to add additional value and provide competitive differentiation.
• Understanding of on-premises products and technologies (in addition to cloud technologies) (Desirable)
• Understands how to plan the migration and transformation of an environment from a baseline to a target state using Enterprise Architecture techniques. (Desirable)
• Understands how to migrate payloads from on-premises to cloud. (Desirable)
• Management of multi-skilled delivery teams. (Desirable
For further information, please contact email@example.com